Wednesday, February 15

With Apologies to Chris Farley, "Holy Schnikes!"

CHICAGO (SNARKY) -- This is it! I'm on the road to self-sufficiency now, baby!

I just logged into my Google Adsense account and saw that I've finally broken through and earned my first penny from this blog. In the immortal words of Chris Farley, the fattest comic of my generation, "Holy Schnikes!"

Of course, I was "too sick" to go to work today and earn several thousand pennies doing my real job. But where's the fun in doing that? This is the Internet and its possibilities are endless. Well, maybe not endless but can we agree that the continuum is pretty expansive? (Almost as expansive as Farley's waistline? Alright, alright! I'll ease up on him but he had so much talent it's tragic and biting wit is how I deal with tragedy.)

Anyway, I give myself a 50-50 chance that I'm not destitute by the end of the week. Likewise, if I do make it big, it's probably a more palpable 99.999 percent that I don't wind up dead of an overdose on the 60th floor of the Hancock building.

This is one Iowa boy who's just happy to be here, folks. And damn thankful for everything that comes his way. Farley was a comic genius once but now is little more than a cautionary tale for up-and-comers.

Happy Would-Have-Been-Your-42nd-Birthday, Christopher. R.I.P.

# # #

Technorati: , , ,

No comments: