Saturday, February 18

Friend Begrudgingly 'Kudos' Blog

CHICAGO (SNARKY) -- Friends, family and readers of a Chicago man's web log have been forced at emailpoint to acknowledge the blog's satire and wit irrespective of its humor or lack thereof.

Luke Penca, 30, of Wicker Park, has been dropping not so subtle hints to his readers to leave favorable comments.

"I get it, there's a post everyday," said Ve B., a former friend of Penca. "If [the post] is not [funny], why should I delude [Penca] into thinking [it is]," continued B. with the largest quantity of ambiguous articles of speech possible in a quote. "I just paid him a compliment because he cornered me. I wish he'd stop the insanity."

However, Penca is persistent and won't go quietly.

"I need feedback like I need air," said the melodramatic Penca. "This is my only creative outlet in an existence otherwise devoid of it. So I'm going to stay at the blog until I'm unemployed, penniless and no longer funny."

Blog experts expect that to come sooner rather than later.

"Seriously, how many quotes can he fake and still be relevant," said attorney Drew V., himself a former friend of Penca until the blog severed their friendship. "At some point relatively soon, by arguing everything beyond the point of absurdity, he will have alienated everyone close to him. And then, mercifully, the blog will dry up."

# # #

Technorati: , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Penca is being too hard on himself. I actually giggled 3 weeks ago at an implausible tale he constructed on his bog (It was blog..but "Bogged down" actually describes how I feel when reading it).

To his credit Penca did score a 6.5 on the Wunderlic score barely beating Vince Young..and coming in a close second to Boo Radley's 7.