Friday, March 3

Vietnamese Inconsolable At Nguyen's Retirement

IRVING, Texas (SNARKY) -- Two Chicago men were distraught to hear the news of Dallas Cowboy linebacker Dat Nguyen's retirement.

Brothers Zoom and Ve B. looked up to Nguyen because he was, in their words, "a bad ass dude who patrolled the gridiron like few before him."

As the only Vietnamese player in the NFL, Nguyen was a role model to the Bui brothers whose family fled the war-torn country in 1975.

"I guess I'll have to follow the [Cleveland] Indians now because they've got Danny Graves," said Zoom B., who also goes by Cheeseburger. "I didn't even know he was Vietnamese until my friends pointed it out."

# # #

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post lukateake! I wonder if Cheeseburger knows that Graves came to the United States around the same time as the Bui family.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=mlb&id=2295660