Monday, August 7

An End to a Beginning

CHICAGO (CRANO) -- Day 2 and 3: After a late night we slept in for a while. We had a late start not getting out of the house until 1:50pm we wanted to get to Lolla before 2:30 but it didn’t work out. When we finally arrived Coheed and Cambria was already rocking. The show was great, complete with behind the head guitar solos and playing the guitar with the teeth.

We then headed over to Wolfmother who played a great show for Wolfmother. Then our group went right back to Gnarles Barkley who was good. Then we finally got a break and rested our fatigued limbs and got some Chicago cuisine. After a barely adequate break, we headed over to the visually pleasing show from the Flaming Lips.

After the completion of that show the No. 1's fought our way though the massive crowd to get a decent seat for a decent show. Kanye West play an average show but played some songs that weren't his. We then went home got pizza and went to sleep.

The next day we got another late start but finally got over to Grant Park. We listen to some of Andrew Bird who was not that good. We heard other things that will be told by Skeletor.

We then got to the main event: RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS. The show was intense with body surfers everywhere -- even Skeletor and I had to give it a chance. Aaron went first and since he only weighs about 17 pounds he went pretty far up the crowd. In my case it wasn’t so, I weigh a little more than Skeletor (why do you think they call him skeletor he is just a skelton) so I didn't go as far as he did but I was thrown and kicked somebody in the face.

The Peppers really brought it that night; it was very impressive. But they still had songs I wanted to hear but, oh well, it was still awsome. I'm glad I was given the opportunity to got to this extravaent event.

That’s my Lolla adventure so I guess this is goodbye. Crano out.

# # #

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your first post; I think you mailed the second one in. But who the hell really cares, you're Crano damn it!!

Anonymous said...

Hey!! You guys left out that part where you...oh snap...you probably want to keep that on the DL, huh. OK - mum's the word!

Hope you guys had fun in the big city.


P.S. - What was the story behind "Crano" again?

Anonymous said...

As I posted in Skeletor's blog...Uncle Snarky has taught you gentlemen well! Enjoyed reading your blogs, metromix couldn't have done a better job summing up the weekend...Maybe meet you guys if you come back here for the IA vs NIU game at Soldier Field!?!?

Cheeseburger