Monday, April 10

Aidan Lucas

CHICAGO (SNARKY) -- First there were six consecutive nephews. Then there was a run of six straight nieces to even the score. Statistically, that's pretty rare.

Nevertheless, my family and I knew that the tie would be broken when my sister-in-law Kim gave birth today. Unless, of course, she popped out boy-and-girl twins.

I'm very proud to welcome my newest nephew, Aidan Lucas, into this world. He's 20 inches long, 8 lbs 6 ounces and both he and his mother are doing great.

My brother Jeff just called with the wonderful news and to tell me that he named his son after me. I am flattered and honored at the partial naming rights.

So will this start another streak of boys for the Penca family? Only God knows but as the only sibling yet to fire up the baby factory, let's just say that I'm keeping an eye on the situation.

I welcome Aidan for another reason: thankfully, he'll run interference on my parents. I figure that he'll save me a few years of their scrutiny and questions as to when I'm getting married.

# # #

Technorati:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I didn't know your real name was Aidan.

Lukateake said...

Smarmy, bastard. Best. Comment. Ever.

BTW, my birth name is Luke and not Lucas so I'm not sure I even qualify under the naming rights in the first place. It's close enough, I hope.

Anonymous said...

Not close enough for crafty.